INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Academic Assistant - Full Time, 2 year Fixed Term
The incumbent of this role is responsible for providing a range of high quality administrative services and support to the Chief Academic Officer, Executive Director NSW - Pre-Admission Program, NSW - PLT Assistant Directors and the broader PLT business unit to drive efficiencies within the business unit to support the achievement of strategic goals.
There are ongoing opportunities for the incumbent to get involved in a range of projects within PLT and the broader College.
- Ongoing management and maintenance of ‘external stakeholder’ databases to ensure up to date, high quality and relevant information is accessible at all times
- Create and maintain information packs for universities, regulators and co-operative firms as stakeholders ensuring packs are up to date and readily available
- Assist in developing high quality presentations (PowerPoint or other software programs and other relevant documentation as directed
- With guidance, assist in creating NSW PLT lecturer annual education program and schedule; ongoing responsibility for tracking attendance and arranging presentations by conference attendees at lecturers’ meetings
- Develop and manage annual “lecturer attendance activities schedule”, including scheduling lecturers to attend career fairs, university visits, law student societies etc., throughout the year, also ensuring attending Lecturers’ have all relevant information and documentation, travel details prior to their visits.
- Assist with Interaction with –Content Design and Development and Subject Coordinators to coordinate and drive the annual materials update, including establishing tasks, timeframes (project plan)
- Arrange and schedule meetings, including agenda’s, room bookings, catering, AV equipment for a range of internal and external meetings
- Finalise and format various documents using MS word, excel and PowerPoint and other software as required
- Attend meetings and document action items and follow up completion of items
- Manage and action all travel requests for the business unit
- Ongoing process improvement to create and drive ongoing efficiencies; develop filing systems, databases, procedures and policies
- Ensure PLT intranet pages are kept up to date with relevant, high quality information
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role supporting Heads of Departments and providing assistance to a broader team
- Demonstrated experience implementing processes and procedures, including documenting and user education
- Demonstrated ability to manage your workload and workload of others
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Strong diary management skills
- Intermediate to advanced user of MSOffice, PowerPoint, CRM’s and databases
- A high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills – the ability to influence and negotiate change; the ability to work with people of varying backgrounds and ability to contribute to a cohesive team environment are expected
- Knowledge of the legal or other professional services industry would be highly-regarded as would knowledge of the tertiary education sector
A more detailed position description can be accessed here
If you’re interested in the opportunity, please send your application including a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Monday 2 August 2021.