VisAustralia is a legal practice with offices in Canberra and Mexico City. We work mainly with professional people applying for skilled visas but also with local employers, sponsored applicants, students, families and review applicants. Our overseas clients are mainly derived from Latin America.
Position title: Legal Practice Experience Placement Position (Migration)
Period: Preferably full time for 80 days
Location: 3 Phipps Close, Deakin, ACT
You will work under the direction of a lawyer and receive support to perform the tasks required. You will be required to perform the following duties:
- Interpret and apply migration legislation and policy;
- Assess client eligibility and provide accurate visa advice;
- Engage in supportive follow up of interviewed clients;
- Liaise with clients to obtain supporting documents;
- Prepare and lodge accreditation, sponsorship, nomination, visa, and review applications;
- Liaise with skills assessing bodies, state governments, and the Department;
- Use Migration Manager to maintain accurate records and client notes;
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct;
- Prioritise tasks and multi-task effectively; and
- Coordinate Spanish language translations;
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent submission writing skills;
- Ability to independently manage time, caseloads, and deadlines;
- Work well under pressure and maintain a positive outlook with clients;
- Highly attentive to detail;
- Interest in migration law
- Second language skills, particularly Spanish, desirable.
For more information please contact Dominiqu Hein on (02) 6247 7577.