We are happy to provide you with an opportunity to work for a busy, close knit law firm with offices at Sydney, Parramatta, Mascot, Liverpool, Blacktown and Edensor Park. The successful solicitor will be based at Liverpool, unless we require you to be based at another location, working in a small team with your own autonomy to run the cases.
About The Australian Law Firm
At The Australian Law Firm, we are a dedicated law practice that strives for excellence, integrity and sound outcomes for our clients by assisting them in a board range of legal services in our generalised practice which consists of Family Law, Criminal Law, Civil Dispute & Ligation, Wills and Estates, Property Law and Conveyancing.
It is a full-time role. In this position, you will be required to provide a high level of advice to clients in all areas of law which our firm practices in which will include but not limited to the following:
- Advising and liaising with clients generally, along with providing sound verbal and written advice to clients
- Corresponding with solicitors and other professionals
- Court attendance in various jurisdictions
- Prepare evidence and court documents in a timely manner
- Effectively briefing Counsel
- File management and record keeping including following our law firm’s procedures relating to billing, administration and collection of accounts
- Liaising with key internal and external stakeholders and colleagues
- Maintaining and building new client relationships for our law practice
- Upholding The Australian Law Firm values
You will demonstrate a proven organisation and team work skills. To succeed in this role, you must have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in law and hold a current Practicing Certificate in NSW
- Graduate Solicitor for a position as a generalist solicitor, practising in Family Law, Criminal Law, Civil Dispute & Litigation, Wills and Estates, Property Law and Conveyancing. Essential in Family Law and Civil Dispute and Litigation experience.
- Provide support and assistance to the Principal director and other solicitors of our law firm in a day-to-day basis and liaise with the Office Manager
- Ability to take carriage of a file with little supervision by working autonomously and as part of a team
- The ability to multi-task, manage completing priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness to contribute to a positive work environment and to share your expertise with the team
- Proficiency with LEAP legal software is preferred
- A professional approach and an ability to provide high standard client services with providing sound verbal and written advice to clients
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and client management skills
- An understanding of the client’s needs and the ability to display empathy and compassion
The successful applicant needs to be ready to take on existing clients matters from day one.
The Benefits – What is in it for you?
- An opportunity to work alongside like-minded successful solicitors
- Remuneration will reflect experience.
- The opportunity to work for a busy, friendly team with an abundance of work
How to Apply
If you’re dedicated to providing expert advice and legal representation and are looking for a fast-paced team environment, please apply. To apply for this role, please email your CV and cover letter for review to the Principal Director/Solicitor at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*** No Agencies/Recruiters please ***