The College of Law is looking for a talented Accountant to join the finance team at our Sydney Corporate office at St Leonard’s.
About the role
Supporting primarily The College of Law Financial Accountant and management team, the Accountant completes various accounting tasks encompassing the monthly P&L and financial reports, tax reporting, daily transaction management and other accounting duties.
- Prepare monthly P&L and financial reports
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, accrual prepayment journals, and investigate e variances in general ledger accounts
- Manage monthly revenue recognition process and accounts receivable ledger including provision for doubtful debts
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts and manage term deposits
- Manage fortnightly creditors payment run as required
- Organise payroll upload entries, payment and reconcile leave liability reports
- Verifying bank deposits and perform bank reconciliations
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register for both accounting and tax purposes
- Manage the administration of the corporate credit card process
- Manage the Intra-state travel process, including Uber business and Cab charge
- Assist in regulatory reporting – FEE-Help and other Government reporting
- Manage various tax reporting requirements – GST, FBT and co-ordinate the annual income tax working papers
- Assist in the preparation of the annual financial statements and manage audit queries
- Prepare Client Assist Schedules (CAS) for year-end audit
- Perform ad hoc analysis or accounting tasks
- Assist in the identification and implementation of process improvements, including the development of effective reports and knowledge management and ensuring financial controls and processes are followed.
- Backup for the Financial Accountant
Education and Experience
- CPA or CA qualified
- 3 to 5 years work experience in a similar capacity
- Competent IT skills and excellent Excel skills
- Good analytical skills
- Proficiency with systems, general ledger preferably Microsoft Dynamics GP and Salesforce
- Detail Oriented, organised and time management skills
- Good written and oral communication skills.
A more detailed position description can be accessed here
If interested please send covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Wednesday 3 March 2021.