Location - Auckland CBD , New Zealand
Purpose of the role
The Education Support team’s key focus is the administration, coordination and delivery of College of Law New Zealand programmes resulting in a quality experience for clients and stakeholders.
You will lead a team of Education Support Officers and Advisers in all elements of the delivery of our programmes, including student recruitment, compliance, enrolment, and completion.
This is a pivotal and rewarding role, where you will directly contribute to our students’ experiences and improve processes related to student management. This role would suit someone with strong interpersonal skills, who is exceptionally organised.
The key accountabilities include:
- Provide professional, prompt and accurate responses to enquiries from students and prospective students, in person, by telephone and via email.
- Managing and monitoring course delivery, enrolments and completions are completed in line with regulations and service level agreements
- Managing student extensions and non-submissions
- Engage with law students, graduates, lawyers and other professionals and attend any promotional functions on behalf of the College
- Update COLNZ website and handbook, ensuring accurate information is provided to prospective students
- Develop strong relationships and provide advice to Client HR Representatives on student enrolment
- Oversight of assessment and moderation processes
- Liaise with Content, Design and Development on the set up of online workshops and oversight of all programme set up
- Organise and deliver training and induction of adjunct instructors on technologies and processes
Collaborating with CEO, Chief Academic Office and Education Support Team on projects and business improvements
Leading the Education Support Team to deliver to targets and organizational goals
- Liaising with IT to ensure the TEC Single Data Return (SDR) is validated and submitted within the required parameters and timelines
- Primary contact point with government bodies: NZQA, TEC and MoE
- Support College Finance team and ensure positive working relationships
- Solve complex student finance issues and follow up escalated late payments
- A tertiary qualification, or studying towards one
Experience & Skills
- Experience using Office 365, databases, and account management systems (Salesforce and Canvas would be beneficial)
- Well-honed influencing, negotiation and rapport building skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills including accurate and efficient data management and active listening
- A good understanding of the New Zealand education system and the relevant legislation
- A team player, flexible and comfortable in a busy, ever-changing work environment
- Aptitude and willingness to learn and develop self and others
- Advanced problem-solving skills and student focused mindset
- Ability to engage in difficult conversations with clients and provide sound advice
- The ability to partner with others to support and implement change initiatives
- Experience leading a team of client-facing staff
- Professional presentation
- Experience working in an education environment is preferred but not essential.
A more detailed position description can be accessed here
If interested please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com by COB 24th June 2021