Join the PetSure Legal & Compliance team reporting to the Head of Legal, Regulatory and Compliance, this role is responsible for the provision of legal and compliance advice to support PetSure in maintaining and promoting the highest compliance standards and supporting our unique position as Australia’s leading pet insurance underwriting management agency
Just as many of us now put pets at the centre of our lives, PetSure positions the welfare of pets at the heart of our business. As a pet insurance underwriter, administrator and fintech company through GapOnlyTM, we help provide a sense of security to almost half a million Australians and their pets.
Why you’ll love working at PetSure
With a career at PetSure you’ll experience:
- Choose your balance – work from a combo of the home and office
- When onsite, our award-winning, purpose-built pet friendly office
- An inclusive and supportive culture that supports career development and flexibility, including our fully paid 18-week genderless parental leave policy
- Access to our wellbeing program which includes webinars, health checks, on site lunches and the occasional voucher if working from home
- Personal and professional development through our customised learning platform
- Paid leave for your birthday and an enrichment day (a day out of the office to support a cause or passion close to your heart)
- The assistance of our onsite Chief Dog Wrangler to help entertain your pooch with free parking on that day
- And because pets are at the heart of everything we do, your pet insurance is on us too
What you’ll do
A key driver of success in this role will be the ability to prioritise multiple responsibilities and provide sound advice on compliance and legal matters in a fast – paced environment and to use your initiative to support the business and ensure best – practice regulatory standards are met.
The successful candidate will also be able to take responsibility and ownership for BAU compliance functions while working cooperatively within both the Legal & Compliance team and more broadly across all our stakeholder groups.
Specifically, the Legal & Compliance Officer will
- Work with businesses and customers to ensure commercially viable and compliant outcomes.
- Advise on operational compliance issues concerning customers, suppliers, competitors or regulators
- Assist in drafting, reviewing and approving all front end business documentation including Product Disclosure Statements, Policy Terms and Conditions, quote tools, websites, advertising and promotional material and other collateral.
- Monitor and report on changes and developments in the legal and regulatory environment.
- Monitor PetSure’s breach and incidents register, including remediation and recording of identified breaches and incidents.
- Act in accordance with PetSure’s Compliance framework, including reporting, development and maintenance of policies and procedures and monitoring/conducting audits as required.
- Contribute to business projects by acting as the legal and compliance representative
- Conducting legal research
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor of Law
- Up to 12 months paralegal/law clerk experience
- Pet parent or pet advocate
- Passionate about PetSure’s purpose
- Knowledge of Australian Regulatory Environment
- Sound legal and commercial problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the general insurance industry, experience desirable
- Interest in the legal & compliance environment, experience desirable
- Experience liaising with regulatory bodies
- Excellent communication, influential and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage competing workloads and prioritise matters based on business need
- Ability to deal confidently with stakeholders
- Demonstrated strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Advanced Excel and reporting skills
- Ability to establish relationships quickly
- Great problem solver with the ability to think logically and investigate independently
- Accountable: results oriented, takes ownership and focuses on solutions and outcome
Ready to chase your dream?
We'd love to hear from you! Apply Now by sending your CV & cover letter to email@example.com
PetSure is an equal opportunity employer and encourages anyone who meets the role requirements to apply.
PetSure is a pet friendly environment and welcomes dogs and cats in the workplace. It is the policy of PetSure that all new employees consent to a background check.