The Federal Court of Australia entity is currently seeking applicants to fill the position of Associate to Judge Kirton in the Federal Circuit Court of Australia Jurisdiction, and to potentially merit list other candidates to fill future Associate positions.
The Associate is part of a team assisting a Judge in the day to day management of Chambers and Court. The role of the Associate is to manage chambers and to supervise the Deputy Associate.
- Day-to-day running of chambers including responding to enquiries.
- Supervise the work of the deputy associate.
- Assist the Judge to manage the docket by preparing and managing matters waiting for hearing.
- Ensure the court’s case management system is up-to-date and assist the Judge in the preparation of orders and typing of judgments.
- Maintain court related relationships with various external stakeholders.
- Contribute to organisational forums working for better working practices.
- Other duties as required.
What we are looking for:
- Legal qualifications and admission as a practitioner of the High Court and/or the Supreme Court of a State or Territory of Australia (desirable).
- Family law experience (desirable).
- Ability to undertake legal research as required by the Judge.
- The ability to travel on circuits as required.
For more information please download the position description from the Court’s Career’s portal or contact Venicia Godbee on 0436 601 946 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org