We are a young and growing law firm in the heart of Sydney CBD.
We are committed to providing high-quality legal services to clients in Australia and abroad in all major areas, including Property Law, Divorce & Family Law, Civil Disputes, Litigation, Commercial Law, Wills and Estates. We use ingenuity & creativity to best address our clients’ needs and work to rigorously achieve their goals.
We are excited to offer practical legal training placement on a volunteer basis in our Sydney Head Office. The role will suit a penultimate/final year law student or recent graduate and is available immediately.
- You will be assisting the principal solicitor with a full range of services across a number of areas, such as Commercial (general advisory), Family Law, Conveyancing/property law, and Immigration law.
- Conducting legal research, handling legal documents, file administration and assisting in a general carriage.
- Managing the progress of client files, leaving file notes and meeting deadlines.
- Keeping up to date with policy, regulation, and industry changes.
You bring to the role
- Penultimate or final year of a law degree of an Australian law school (LLB or JD).
- Be able to work at least 2 days a week.
- Experience with Leap and PEXA preferred.
- Prior experience with conveyancing or knowledge of property law will be highly regarded.
- A good understanding of legislation and legal research skills.
- Fluent English, especially in legal writing, and ideally fluent Mandarin/Cantonese Speaking.
If you're interested in the position– please send your cover letter, resume and academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org