The College is looking for a talented, experienced Development & Community Engagement Manager to join our team in Melbourne, VIC.
Purpose of the Role
The Development and Community Engagement Manager is a newly created role responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with our prospective and current customers. The incumbent will be responsible for creating and delivering a customer engagement strategy that promotes the lifelong learning opportunities that the College provides and, services the needs of lawyers as they progress through their career.
This is a unique position in that it is both hands on and strategic. The incumbent will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a keen eye for business underpinned always by a customer centric approach.
The Development and Community Engagement Manager will be responsible for the following areas and key accountabilities:
- Dedicated to providing an outstanding customer service.
- Design and deliver the COLV engagement strategy ensuring alignment with the COLV Business Plan
- Build and maintain positive ongoing relationships with law faculties across Victoria and Tasmania to include the Law Student Societies.
Business Development and Financial Management
- Actively promote the Practical Legal Training course to aspiring lawyers to include presentations, attendance at careers fairs, creating and delivering webinars and panel events across Victoria and Tasmania.
- Negotiate all sponsorship agreements ensuring that final agreements align to the budgets, maximise coverage and provide value for money.
- Actively promote the portfolio of courses available to graduate lawyers by linking our products to their needs
Business Process, Data, Systems and Reporting
- Ownership and maintenance of internal operations trackers (MS Excel) to provide transparency for key internal stakeholders on all planned and delivered engagement activity.
- Creation and management of a community database
Leadership and Teamwork
- Lead on the delivery of an exceptional customer service in relation to our external engagement.
- Constantly review process to see where improvements can be made.
- A tertiary qualification in leadership, law or a business-related discipline supported by extensive experience.
Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Experience in the design, development, and implementation of a customer engagement strategy
- Experience in planning and delivering a series of events to promote business
- Experience in designing and delivering a series of events for graduates / alumni / members
- Strategic thinker with a continuous improvement mindset
- Demonstrated leadership skills, both operational and people
- Proficient in the use of MS Office particularly MS Excel and MS Teams
- Technologically curious with a desire to want to find innovative solutions to improve process and customer experience
- Exceptional organisational skills and remains calm under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to influence; an enthusiastic, energetic, motivated, and approachable self-starter
- Customer centric with a desire to want to create an exceptional customer experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and positively with colleagues in a team
- Flexible pro-active approach and a willingness to undertake practical operational tasks
- Sound project management skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and achieve priorities within tight timelines
A more detailed position description can be accessed here
If you are passionate about customer service and have exceptional leadership and strategic organisational skills, then we would like to hear from you. Visit our website https://jobs.collaw.com/collaw-jobs for more information.
Please send your CV with a covering letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertisement closes COB 27 September 2021