Purpose of the Role
The primary responsibilities of this position is to create sessions for students/registrants to schedule in online oral assessments for their practical legal training course. The scheduling officer will need to liaise with the head of course and the lecturers to organise days and times for the scheduling of these assessments and send requests to students/registrants, to book in for these times.
It will also be essential that students have a strong positive experience in all their dealings with the Scheduling Officers.
- Prepare, organise and provide administrative support for oral assessments.
- Create video conference slots in Canvas and send out notification of availability to students/registrants
- Handle student enquiries
- Record management of recorded sessions in canvas
- Build positive and sustainable relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and customers
- Contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of department processes and systems
- Attend and actively participate in all team meetings, information sessions
- Train and mentor scheduling staff on procedures
- Undertake other reasonable tasks as directed by the manager
- Two years’ experience in a similar customer service environment, such as a Call Centre or a scheduling role.
- Experience in tertiary education admissions
Experience, Skills and Attributes
- A strong orientation to the provision of a high level of customer service, including empathy with an ability to communicate with students and staff
- Attention to detail
- Articulate and methodical with an ability to problem solve and to use own initiative
- Ability to adjust readily to pressures and changes in the work environment and to learn quickly under pressure
- Aptitude to work in a busy Support Centre environment
- Capacity to contribute to team knowledge and development by sharing knowledge with other staff and providing constructive feedback
- Capacity to listen to clients and colleagues and responds to queries and information in a way that demonstrates understanding of the other person's point of view
- Competency in Microsoft Windows environment with experience in using Word and Outlook
- Speed and accuracy with typing
A more detailed position description can be accessed here
If interested please send covering letter and CV to email@example.com by COB Wednesday 29 September 2021