We are looking for a confident and motivated junior solicitor to join our busy practice in late November 2021. This will be a full-time permanent position after probation period.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Supporting members of the team including our Executive Counsel and barristers.
- Preparing, reviewing and working on Court and other legal documents.
- Meeting with and speaking to clients via face to face, zoom and telephone.
- Legal research.
- Appearing in Courts and Tribunals around Australia.
- Commencement or completion of GDLP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confidence to manage challenges.
- Displaying initiative in identifying and proposing solutions to challenges.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Well organised with an attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Capacity to take instructions and ensure procedures are followed.
- One to three years’ experience in a personal injury firm (in a support, paralegal or solicitor role).
- Experience with LEAP software and all MS Office applications.
- Working as part of a boutique and award-winning firm specialising in personal injuries and human rights law.
- Modern offices on Lonsdale Street in Braddon (coffee capital of Canberra).
- Employee assistance program.
- Close team environment in which a sense of humour is essential.
- Regular staff functions throughout the year.
Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Ken Cush and Associates
02 6147 3602
Level 1, ARTE Building, 10-12 Lonsdale Street, Braddon ACT 2612
State / Province / Region
Australian Capital Territory