Full time junior solicitor in boutique law firm, located in the Sydney CBD, specialising in Local Government and Planning law and litigation in the Land and Environment Court of NSW.
We expect that the successful applicant would:
- have a sound academic record;
- have excellent written and oral communication skills;
- have a strong work ethic;
- be a committed team player who is also capable of working autonomously;
- have attention to detail;
- previous experience with LEAP computer software beneficial but not essential
The successful applicant will undertake tasks including:
- drafting appeals and Notices of Motion;
- appearing before the court on mentions and directions hearings;
- prepare briefs for counsel and attend to correspondence;
- attending conferences;
- assisting on litigation in the Land and Environment;
- appearing in the Land and Environment Court with counsel;
- research and advice work;
- liaising with clients;
- working closely with principal solicitor
Prior experience in this jurisdiction not essential. The successful candidate will have the benefit of being mentored by a practitioner who has specialised in the jurisdiction for over 25 years and is highly regarded in his field.
Level 6, Suite 8, 229-231 Macquarie Street, Sydney, NSW.