Deloitte NZ brings together more than 1,400 specialists nationwide. We work with clients ranging from New Zealand's largest companies to smaller businesses with ambition to grow. We are led by the purpose to make an impact that matters.
Our People and Culture make this a great place to work. Each of us is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in our own achievements and the success of others. The culture is about inclusion, collaboration, high performance, and opportunity.
All this translates into the best environment in which to drive your career forward.
Deloitte New Zealand's tax team is widely regarded as experts and leaders in their field. Covering a broad range of corporate tax issues our team works with some of the biggest and best clients to deliver outstanding tax advice and exceed our client’s expectations and partner with their business to grow.
Currently we are looking for experienced Consultants to join our Tax team. If you're looking to make a career change and accelerate your growth then this is the opportunity for you.
You will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Acting as a role model and recognising others for the impact they make.
- Sharing knowledge and experiences to support the development of peers and junior staff.
- Collaborating across businesses and borders, to build relationships and communicate effectively.
- Applying knowledge and skills of relevant practices and processes (or relevant tax rules and regulations) in areas of specialisation to client problems.
- Selecting appropriate methods for collecting and analysing data to develop informed recommendations.
- Building on knowledge of technology/methodologies to complete client projects effectively.
- Assisting project leadership in helping clients meet compliance obligations and statutory deadlines.
- Proactively keeping abreast of legislative changes and ensuring they are reflective in planning and client conversations.
- Helping prepare recommendations regarding qualification requirements of each type of business entity and their key advantages and disadvantages.
- Drafting and preparing client deliverables under direction of Partners and Managers.
- 2+ years’ work experience in a corporate, law or accounting firm tax environment.
- Working towards or recently completed your CA or law qualification.
- A strong understanding of end to end tax processes & the NZ tax environment.
- Exposure to Financial Services or any other corporate tax specialties would be beneficial.
Benefits of working with us:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Fantastic professional learning and development opportunities
- Paid annual subscription to CAANZ
- Charity volunteer leave
- Dedicated social club offering numerous events throughout the year
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Exposure to a large client portfolio
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunity to join one of the world’s leading professional services firms
Please apply with your CV and cover letter using the link below (https://jobs.lever.co/deloitte/4fe3de3b-b6c8-4140-810f-74b4e743997d/apply) or for further details please contact Sharon Manoharan on 09 303 0728 for a confidential discussion.