BACKGROUND TO THIS POSITION & CLIENT
This Yegal client is one of the leading financial services / insurance claims organisations in Australia.
Claims roles are a great way for law graduates to get exposure to the legal sector. This firm is themselves a client of some of Australia's leading law firms. When these insurance claims become complex, they are referred to a number of leading Australian law firms for management/ advice. In this way, you will be working with external counsel on a daily basis.
The company office is centrally located adjacent to Australia Square and a short walk from Wynyard Train Station.
You'll be offered a range of exciting benefits including flexible working in addition to a generous remuneration package.
- Manage a portfolio of claims with a mixed portfolio including liability property claims,
personal injury claims and other claims
- Interacting with and providing instructions to Legal Panel Firms within the required
timeframes on all pre-litigated and litigated matters
- Providing clients and other involved parties with updates in relation to
- Preparing claims for and attending claims review meetings when required
- Build and develop external business relationships with external networks.
- Undertaking pre-mediation preparation, assisting with strategy considerations and
attending mediations as required
- providing end to end claims management.
- Interpret public liability policy wordings and apply accurately
- Provide advice to insurer client on coverage, liability, quantum, reserving and
- Liaise with various third party providers including solicitors, loss adjusters, brokers
- Settling claims within client service instructions, company guidelines and delegated
- Attending client meetings where applicable
- Achieve monthly KPI’s as designated by management
- Comply with all relevant legislation
- Resolve complaints in accordance with company guidelines
- Identify potential fraud/recovery indicators for claims where applicable
- Actively participate in team meetings and project activities as required
- Attention to detail and critical thinking skills typically acquired over the course of a law degree
- Ability to engage, instruct and work with relevant providers including loss adjusters, lawyers and consultants
- You must be strong communicator & have a client centric approach, you have a high degree of empathy and understanding.
- Legal qualifications will be advantageous but candidates approaching admission will be considered
- Ability to build and maintain strong client/customer relationships
- Good problem-solving skills - ability to interpret technical / investigation reports to make sound business decisions
- Ability to participate in alternative dispute resolution