King & York Lawyers is looking for a dedicated young lawyer to join our team. We are a boutique firm with a unique culture, dedicated to providing clients with tailored legal advice.
You will be involved in:
- Carriage of your own Family Law matters with supervision. This will include preparation and representation in divorce, parenting and property matters, and appearing in mediations, DRCs, conciliation conferences, and interim hearings without the assistance of Counsel in both divisions of the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia, and instructing Counsel in trials;
- Carriage of your own Criminal Law matters with supervision. This will include appearances in the Criminal jurisdiction for mentions, sentences, section 14 applications, and defended hearings, and instructing Counsel in trials; and
- General administrative tasks.
You will have/be a:
- Between 1+ year PAE in Family Law and/or Criminal Law;
- A current practising certificate;
- Experience in managing your own files with supervision;
- Experience in appearing in Court and mediations;
- Experience as a Legal Aid panel solicitor desirable but not essential;
- A collegiate approach to your work.
- Competitive salary package;
- Close contact with Principal solicitor;
- Opportunity for growth;
- Ongoing learning and career development;
- Public transport pass;
- Flexible, friendly, and supportive work culture.
Salary commensurate to level of experience.