The Deputy Associate is part of a team who assist the Judge in the day-to-day management of Chambers and Court. The role of the Deputy Associate is to assist the Associate and deputise for them when they are on leave or on circuit.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Undertake the Court Officer role.
- Assist the Associate in the day-to-day running of chambers including responding to enquiries.
- Manage chambers in the absence of the Associate.
- Assist the Associate in updating the Court’s case management system and the Judge in the preparation of orders and typing of judgments.
- Undertake legal research as required by the Judge.
- Other duties as required.
- Strong communication (oral and written) and liaison skills as well as the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Demonstrated organisational skills, including the ability to manage several processes at once.
- Demonstrated high-level keyboard skills and ability to use relevant software applications including Microsoft Office applications and the Internet.
- The ability to adapt to changing situations and priorities and participate in collective work practices.
- The ability to travel on circuits.
- Experience in a legal environment
- Applicants must be available to start soon if successful.
- Applicants must include a copy of their academic transcript in order for their application to be considered.
- Applicants with interest and experience in Intellectual Property are encouraged to apply.
- The ability to produce high quality, clear, and concise written work is essential.
For more information, please contact Ms Rebecca Chen, Chambers Coordinator via email email@example.com
Firm or Organisation Name
Federal Court of Australia
Graduate - Pre-admission, Post-admission
New South Wales