ExpertsDirect is a leading international legal services company that streamlines the process of sourcing expert witnesses for litigation.
An expert witness is at the top of their field; with their training, study or experience qualifying them to give their independent opinion about facts for a case during legal proceedings.
We seamlessly match lawyers with experts to achieve the best possible outcome.
What we offer
- Ongoing development - we are a bright young company with a strong focus on developing our people
- Training offered - ongoing training and the freedom to explore areas of interest is encouraged
- Amazing opportunities - you are given the chance to work with world-leading experts and high-profile cases
- Great structure - Flexible WFH arrangements
- Work/life balance - a strong focus on maintaining a good work/life balance with a work culture that focuses on the well-being of our people
Due to our ongoing growth, we are now recruiting for another full-time position available based at our offices based in Sydney CBD and WFH arrangements. This role is perfect for someone who wishes to remain within the legal industry but not go into private practice.
Your main responsibility will be to source and provide the most suitable expert witnesses for litigation. In addition, you will strive to improve organisational and administrative practice to support the company.
What you'll do
- Manage requests for expert witnesses
- Communicate with and qualify experts over the phone and email
- Research, find and match the most suitable expert using an internal database as well as external resources
- Vet, qualify and conduct background checks of potential experts
- Maintain and foster relationships with clients and subject matter experts
- Manage and grow internal database to ensure accurate matching between experts and clients
Skills and knowledge
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience within research, critical thinking, strategy, recruitment or similar
- Proven critical and strategic thinking skills
- Confidence communicating with people from diverse background over the phone and email
- Great memory and good at connecting the dots
- Previous Legal Research experience
- Legal experience, desired
Applicants without cover letters will not be considered.