About the firm
We are a private practice law firm located in the heart of Sydney CBD, with a team of around 15 lawyers. We are dynamic, we provide our clients with a complete spectrum of high-quality legal services across a wide range of specialised fields covering areas relating to corporate and commercial, immigration, family law, real estate, and civil and criminal litigation.
We expect a mandarin speaking Licensed Conveyancer or Legal Assistant who is interested in Property law to join us to our Property and Commercial team. Experience conveyancing transactions in Property law is preferred but is not essential as the right candidate will be provided ongoing training.
- Handle conveyancing file from ‘end to end’ including quoting and review of residential sale contract, exchange contracts, settlement statements, preparation of documents for transactions on PEXA and all other aspects of the transaction.
- Prepare and execute contracts, manage contracts (including ‘subject to finance clauses, cancellations, extensions, and rescissions), manage registration, and manage settlement and post-settlement activities.
- Comply with all conveyancing legislation as well as team processes and policies.
- Approachable and strong communication skills to liaise with clients and external parties (FIRB/ATO/other side solicitor) directly;
- Proactively, self-managing, organisational, accountability, responsibility is essential.
- Provide general administrative assistance and clerical support to the property team.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Fluent in BOTH English and Mandarin Chinese;
- Advanced Diploma of Conveyancing and Certificate is preferred but not essential;
- Strong attention to detail, accurate and responsible;
- Good time management skills, can work under pressure of the deadline;
- Must have a strong interest to practise in Property law;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Outstanding time management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work well within a team and autonomously;
- Strong MS Office skills;
If you are interested, please send your cover letter and CV to: email@example.com
What we can offer:
- Work on complex property matters and potential to grow your skills in these areas;
- Collegiate and professional team of lawyers;
- Excellent technology and software systems;
- Generous remuneration for the right candidate;
- In-house support and resources for fast career progression.