Trustees Executors, established in New Zealand in 1881, has a rich and proud history providing a full range of financial services to individuals and institutions. We work with people to protect their assets for a successful future for their families. You can find more about us on our website - https://www.trustees.co.nz/
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trust and Estates Solicitor with at least 2 years PQE to join our Private Wealth team. Based in Central Wellington, this in-house role will provide you with a wide range of legal matters and issues within the Trusts and Estates area. Working in a supportive environment (with training provided), your role will involve taking control of and managing legal files, drafting a range of legal documentation, undertaking property transactions (including e-dealings), working with external counsel from time to time and providing excellent legal advice, opinions and support to our nation-wide team of Trust Managers.
The core responsibilities:
- Take ownership for and manage legal files from end to end, including attending to such administrative matters (including invoicing) as may be required,
- Provide quality and timely legal advice, opinions and support to the Trust Managers.
- Draft and review legal documentation for a range of matters in a timely manner.
- Work closely with TEL’s Senior Legal Counsel with a range of matters including providing ongoing training to Trustees Executors Limited staff with regard to changes in legislation, case law and legal best practice and providing support to the wider TEL Company as and when required.
- Assist the Senior Trust Solicitor with litigation matters as required and appear from time to time in Court as directed.
- Undertake such conveyancing matters as may be required from time to time
- Liaise with external counsel from time to time as may be required.
- Contribute to the overall functioning of the Legal Service Unit team, including improvement and maintenance of the processes and administrative functions of the team as and when required.
What we offer:
- 5 weeks of annual leave
- Career development opportunities
- Ongoing legal training to meet your CPD requirements
- Flexible working options
- A Life Insurance Cover
- CBD office location, centrally located on Willis Street
- Discounted gym memberships
- Corporate volunteer day
- Exposure within an established, reputable Financial Services Company
- Opportunity to work with a highly engaged and motivated team committed to excellence
- Great culture that celebrates teamwork and diversity
- An office that supports a dress-for-the-day dress code
- Various social events throughout the year
- Sponsored sporting events
- Mental Health support from Vitae (EAP)
- At least two years post-admission legal experience, preferably in trusts, wills, conveyancing and estates
- A current practicing certificate from the New Zealand Law Society
- Excellent attention to detail, including ability to maintain legal files
- Legal problem solving skills
- Ability to draft a variety of legal documentation in plain and unambiguous terms, with exceptional communication skills
- Competence in the Microsoft suite
- Familiarity with LandOnline and online research programmes such as Westlaw
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Sound working knowledge of administrative and commercial practices will be essential
If you have a strong legal background, with excellent interpersonal skills, then we want to hear from you.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply today! We will be screening applications as they come. To request a copy of the detailed Job Description, or for any other queries please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this position close 5pm, Friday, 16 June 2023.
Candidates must have the right to work in NZ to be considered for this role.
Visit our website: www.trustees.co.nz
To follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/trustees-executors-limited