Western Sydney Community Legal Centre is seeking an enthusiastic part time (2 days per week) PLT Placement. This is a Volunteer position.
Responsibilities include client intake, file review, general administration, research, legal drafting, interviewing clients, follow up on client matters, and policy work under the supervision of a designated solicitor.
- Completion of law degree and eligibility to commence Practical Legal Training
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, social justice
- Strong understanding of ethical practice issues affecting Community Legal Centers including confidentiality and conflict of interest
- Available two days per week commencing ASAP.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a small team
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues affecting WSCLC’s client groups
- Ability to speak a relevant community language
Applications should include the following:
- A written application addressing the selection criteria. If you do not address the selection criteria in your application, you will not be considered for the position
- A resume including: name, address and contact details, education, experience, and two referees (include names, addresses and contact details).
Applications close 5:00pm 9th February 2017 and should be submitted by email to Rosemary Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org