This is a new opportunity for Sydney based candidates seeking legal industry experience.
The client is based in North Sydney and they are seeking a law graduate to joint their team on a 4 or 5 day per week basis.
Client is a global financial services company with a focus on insurance solutions covering personal and business products;
Paralegal will report to the General Counsel and will support the business on a wide variety of corporate and financial services matters. The Paralegal will provide specialist, commercially savvy and tailored legal support to business stakeholders in achieving both the strategic and operational objectives of the organisation.
The Paralegal will assist with governance and company secretariat functions, where required.
There is also some commercial contract work.
The successful candidate will be offered a six month contract with a view to an extension thereafter.
Candidates with full time availability will be given priority although candidates with at least 4 day per week availability will still be considered.
The contract is expected to commence at the start of December 2023 and run through to the end of March 2024. There will be a Xmas office shutdown period between Dec 22 and Jan 8.
– assisting with preparation of board minutes and other company secretary style duties
– conducting legal research and interpreting and applying law to issues
– reviewing, revising and drafting a range of commercial contracts
– assisting with business partner arrangements
– ensuring that our systems are maintained effectively eg. legal document register
– undertaking administrative tasks relating to legal matters
– assisting in maintaining and developing processes for the legal function
– developing training programs and putting together presentations for employees.
Preferably you will be in your final years of your law degree / have graduated, and had previous paralegal or office experience. You must have an interest in contract, commercial and IT law and being part of a business environment. We can be flexible and fit your hours around your studies.
– Outstanding problem solving and organisational skills
– Demonstrated competency with Excel for accounting purposes
– Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
– A high level of verbal and written communication skills
– Attention to detail and accuracy
– Ability to prioritise, multi-task, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
– Excellent academic results in your progression towards a Bachelor of Law
– Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential
– Keen to learn and grow as a commercial lawyer.
It is also worth noting that the client will approve PLT sign off for candidates seeking to build up practical experience before admission.
Yegal’s vision is to create a modern day talent marketplace connecting trusted, reliable paralegals to law firms and corporate legal teams for long term success.
We help our law students paralegals gain practical experience and we complement this, where possible, through practical training.
Our service helps clients deploy talented paralegal resources in a flexible and scalable manner, tranforming tomorrow's young legal professionals to prepare them for graduate legal roles.