A leading Yegal client is seeking law students / graduates to join their claims team on a short term initial contract.
This position is ideal for someone who might be lacking corporate office experience on their CV or close to graduation.
A claims role is also a positive choice for someone who might be considering a volunteer role with a law firm given this is a paid role with a company who is a client of a number of leading law firms.
Experience in financial services, law or insurance viewed favourably but not essential.
Claims roles are often a bridge between university graduation and law firm roles long term.
This position involves the management of a portfolio of common law liability claims.
When these claims are complex you will refer them to external law firms for advice.
• End to end management of insurance claims and acting as an advocate for the client throughout the claims process
• Interpreting and advising on policy coverage and applicable policy terms, conditions and exclusions
• Ensure compliance with relevant statutory guidelines and standards
• Escalating claims as needed and working with senior staff to strategically manage difficult and complex claims, with a view of securing optimal outcomes.
• Critical thinking and the ability to interpret/ dissect information
• Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong customer focus
• Advanced attention to detail skills
• Ability to build a strong rapport and working relationships with stakeholders
• Strong outcome focus
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks and keep within timeframes to meet customer needs and satisfaction.
The ideal paralegal is available full time for 3 months from 20 November 2023.
(Office shutdown for Xmas is expected to be 2 weeks between Dec 22 – Jan 7).
Candidates with 4 day per week availability may also be considered.
As with all Yegal roles, paralegals who make a good first impression are often asked to extend though this cannot be guaranteed.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to video interview as a next step.
Yegal’s vision is to create a modern day talent marketplace connecting trusted, reliable paralegals to law firms and corporate legal teams for long term success.
We help our law students paralegals gain practical experience and we complement this, where possible, through practical training.
Our service helps clients deploy talented paralegal resources in a flexible and scalable manner, tranforming tomorrow's young legal professionals to prepare them for graduate legal roles.