Civmec is an integrated multi-disciplined construction and engineering services provider to the oil and gas, metals and minerals, infrastructure and marine and defence markets. Our goal is to grow a sustainable company that will deliver mutually beneficial outcomes to all stakeholders for today and into the future.
Civmec is currently seeking a Contracts Officer to join our Contracts and Procurement Department. In this position, you will provide legal advice across the business to management and executives for contractual issues (includes pre- contract, post- contract and claims under contracts).
The role includes
- Review of tender documentation and identification of contract risks
- Identify, review and response to legal issues or/and queries as required and keep track of relevant changes in construction law
- Assist in drafting of strategic pre-contracts agreements
- Liaising with company procurement, risk management and audit personnel
- Provide assistance in drafting and administration of contracts as required
- Reviewing contractual commitments and interpretation of rights and obligations and assess claims made under contracts by or against the business
- Relevant university degree with legal or contracts major (Law, Commerce, Business)
- Possess excellent relationship building, problem solving, negotiation and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous experience working in a contracts team preferred but not necessary
- Recent LAW students who require Practical Legal Training are encouraged to apply
What’s on offer
- Expanding portfolio of diverse work across multiple industries in a range of national locations
- A workplace that has a ‘Never Assume’ culture
- Ongoing career development and training opportunities
- Developing systems, processes and procedures
- Corporate benefits including income protection
- Experienced and supportive senior management team
Interested in learning more?
For further information and to submit your application, please visit www.Civmec.com.au or apply via the e-mail address provided with CV and cover letter. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Civmec is an equal opportunity employer.
We respectfully request no agency submissions at this time. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Follow us on LinkedIn for news, recent update and career opportunities!