Prestige solicitors & Associates is currently looking for PLT students or solicitors (volunteers) to assist in a broad range of legal practice areas covered by our firm.
Who are we looking for?
- You are available to start immediately
- You are ready to apply your legal studies to real situations and real clients
- You are able to commit to a minimum commitment of four months from the date of commencement
- You are able to commit full time or to a minimum of 2 days per week, ideally 3 days per week (we are flexible as to which days)
- You are responsible, have a mature attitude and an eye for detail
- You are a quick learner, able to think on your feet and able to communicate fluently in English (spoken and written)
- Prior experience in a similar role and knowledge of LEAP software will be favourably considered, although not essential.
What will you be doing?
If successful, you will:
- Learn about the functions of a law office by assisting with general office administration, clerical duties, data entry, and client management
- Experience interacting with clients relating to a range of different legal practice areas
- Have exposure to court proceedings when you attend court with our lawyers or handle document filing
- Further your legal research and drafting skills by helping to draft legal documents, prepare legal advice, and write legal articles
- Interact with the local community at various events and activities on behalf of the firm
- (most importantly) Enjoy being part of a small friendly team in a supportive and fun working environment
Please be aware that your role may change over time depending on your abilities, your potential, and your intended plans.
Remuneration and Duration
This role is being advertised as an unpaid work experience placement, primarily directed towards law students in their final semester or PLT students.
This role continues for as long as you require a work experience placement or for as long as we are able to provide the work experience opportunity.
How to apply
Email your resume with a covering letter telling us a little bit about yourself.