We are a firm of Australian and Singaporean lawyers.
Our main area of practice is litigation.
We are trusted advisers to high-profile individuals and companies.
Our firm handles matters involving: company law, commercial law, criminal law, trust law, family law, wills and probate, and many other areas.
For more information on our firm please visit: www.bmslaw.com.au
What is on offer:
(1) unpaid work placement for an individual in their second year or third year of their Juris Doctor Law degree.
The right individual possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills, has a friendly personality but is not afraid to express their point of view and dresses appropriately.
You must also be computer proficient.
Ability to speak Mandarin Chinese is advantageous.
- Conducting general and legal research for our firm's active matters in Australia;
- Assisting in the preparation of draft pleadings, correspondence and court forms;
- Assisting by researching on the current laws in relation to particular topics given and providing short write-ups;
The right candidate will be available 1 day a week during university term, have a keen attitude to learning.
This placement is open to persons who have not done any internships/ work placements.
1. Must be in second year or third year of the Juris Doctor Law degree.
2. Must have great legal research skills (essential - Westlaw, LexisNexis etc.).
3. Must be willing to learn (and not be afraid to ask questions).
Starting date is flexible.