HALC is currently looking for two volunteer/PLT/Law Students/Solicitors to join our team for an immediate start.
About the organisation:
The HIV/AIDS Legal Centre provides free legal services to people affected by, and those most at risk of, HIV and Hep C (HCV) on HIV/HCV related legal matters.
We deal with a range of HIV/Hep C related legal issues including -
- Administrative Law
- Public Health
- Estate planning
- Social Security
Volunteers perform a variety of day-to-day tasks including -
- delivery of legal advice under the direct supervision of a solicitor;
- drafting of legal advice, submissions, applications to courts & tribunals and other legal correspondence
- maintaining accurate files and legal records
- client intakes
- casework and client interviews under directions from Solicitors;
- general administrative work
- researching legal and administrative laws and procedures;
- sensitivity to people affected by HIV and Hep C
- sensitivity towards clients from different cultural and linguistic backgrounds, the LGBTI community, Sex Workers, and persons with disabilities
- Ability to work fairly independently and with quick instructions. Proactively working on files allocated to you. (All work is supervised and monitored by Solicitors)
- ability to work under pressure
- basic computer skills
- ability to work in a small team/open office environment
We request applicants to commit to at least 3 days per week over a 3 month period (preferably 4/5 days per week when completing PLT requirements).
Send in your brief resume and cover letter indicating the number of days and specific days you will be able to work for to email@example.com