About the business
Ascent Lawyers is a full-service law firm with extensive experience in various practising areas. Giving clients peace of mind is our highest priority.
At Ascent Lawyers, we pride ourselves on providing worry-free legal solutions to our clients through focusing on quality, veracity and efficiency.
About the role
We are looking for law graduate or admitted solicitor to participate in work-experience on a full-time basis focusing on personal injuries matters.
The successful applicant will be resilient, energetic and extremely organised. In addition you will:
- Be recently admitted or looking for PLT placement
- Have the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with team members and our valued clientele
- Possess strong academics, drafting and computer skills, time management and attention to detail
- Be an organised professional, able to diarise important dates and complete tasks according to deadlines
- Have interests in and pursue excellence in work
- A second language (e.g. Mandarin or Cantonese) is desirable
Key responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Be able to manage a file load under supervision
- Prepare court documents and correspondence
- Conduct legal research and prepare case summaries
- Court/ Conference/ Settlement attendance
- Liaise with clients, relevant organisations, departments and authorities
- General administrative tasks, including but not limited to file management, data entry and document filing
To apply for these positions, please forward a cover letter, resume and academic transcript to Heather Chan via firstname.lastname@example.org